Our mission

Crazy Blue Steel Zoanthids!

Actually, I managed to get some pictures right before the camera died this afternoon. They were quick shots...(My camera skills obviously needs improvement here...lol!)

Here it is under our T5 lighting:

IMG_8759_small2.jpg

Robert, have you seen the article in this quaters Reef hobbist, about the blue horents. They look almost exactly like the blue steel, and if you read the article http://www.reefhobbyistmagazine.com/archives/vol_3/issue10/pages/11.htm you will understand why.

When they were orginaly brought in they were more blue, only for some ppl did they develop the purple coloring, which is what made them vavulable, the orginal colonies were not that expensive as they had a tendicy to die off in ppls tanks and were brought in in abundance, however the guy that coined the name Purple hornets said his only turned purple under intense MH lighting

robert4025 said:
Sweet. Were they that nice with your eyes, Gresh?

BTW...are you back in town now?

Heck yah, and yes :) I was mighty impressed with them even though zoas and such don't usually float my boat.

I may try to stop by this weekend since I'll be hitting the BAR meeting (at least that is my current plan).

We used to get blue mushrooms from Ghana back in the day. Nothing is as blue as a african blue mushroom. Must be something in the water that makes em all blue :)

from their website:

Neptune Aquatics
1752 Houret Court
Milpitas, CA 95035
Phone: 408-935-9471
Fax: 408-956-8391

Hours:
Monday to Friday: 12pm to 9pm
Wednesday: Closed
SaturdaySunday: 12pm to 6pm

Roc...are you reffering to the Purple Hornets? The article on page 11 says Purple Hornets, which looks quite different than the "Blue Hornet" or Blue Steel. In anycase, they're all pretty.

Steve...we should still have some frags left from last night. Also, we're probably going to donate few frags of these to tomorrow's meeting as well as some other corals. Not sure yet.

Gresh...thanks for posting the info. Looking forward to see in the shop soon.

robert4025 said:
Roc...are you reffering to the Purple Hornets? The article on page 11 says Purple Hornets, which looks quite different than the "Blue Hornet" or Blue Steel. In anycase, they're all pretty.

If you look at one of the pics in that article it looks simlar to what you have. I know that earlier someone (maybe Ina) was saying when these came in last time ppl were calling them AOI, and the article mentions that as well. I also when searching for BLUE hornets, every link says BLUE or PURPLE hornets and mentions that they are same

there is also no mention of Blue steel zoas, except in posts that you had made. Not a big deal just wanted to point this out to folks as they may go purple for them under the right lighting

This one is a beauty. Here is a pic of my frag picked up two hours ago. I am surprised that it already starting open up an hour after acclimation and TMCC dipping (obviously they are not very happy yet as shown in the pic). Sorry about the bad pic as I am too lazy to switch on the macro lens (I just used my regular zoom lens).

Hey Adolfo, it was nice meeting you and Cerrisa today also. Best luck with your new website.

One thing I really like about this zoas is the colors have a lot of depth, and I can stare at it for a long time without getting bored. Hmm, I think all these corals are driving me nut, and I don't know what I am talking about anymore :Sp .

Hi All...we'll try our best to reserve some for BAR members due to tomorrow's meeting but we cannot gaurantee the hold. Cerissa and I just got done fragging two of the three colonies so there may be enough to go around. We got about 45 frags out of the two colonies (the third colony base is extremely dense so it doesn't look like it's going to be fragged) but today alone, about 10 were sold. This is by far the fastest selling corals we ever had so please hurry if you really want a piece. You like my sales pitch? hehe

Back