Our mission

Danh’s IM25 Lagoon

Number 1 Malaysian 24k Grail
IMG_8849.jpeg

Believe it or not I’m having issue with low phosphates/ nitrates so some aren’t at their peak color. Fixing by dosing phosphates and nitrates but going to take a while to recover

Last edited:
@thephoreefer Do you have any favorite places to buy torches? I am trying to build out my collection since my new tank is finally starting to stabilize (yesterday was the first time in months where I did not have to manually remove dinos or algae from the rock rock during my weekly water change).

@thephoreefer Do you have any favorite places to buy torches? I am trying to build out my collection since my new tank is finally starting to stabilize (yesterday was the first time in months where I did not have to manually remove dinos or algae from the rock rock during my weekly water change).
I’d recommend established torches meaning they been conditioned to survive in our tank. Some places are fresh imported and are sold fast as they arrive in the U.S . More likely to die due to stress. I recommend to avoid this, as you need a lot of experience and stable tank to keep them alive, and it not a for sure thing they will survive. I recommend getting from Arvin @Arvin R. He has some nice ones that color up well and is also part of bar. Good to support local Bay Area.

incredibly beautiful torch garden Danh! You inspire me.

Need your expert advice - I bought two torches at CFM, they had thin and 2” long tentacles. Since introduced in my tanks, their tentacles get 2-3 times thicker but half shorter. What cause these changes? Flow? Or nutrient?

Need your expert advice - I bought two torches at CFM, they had thin and 2” long tentacles. Since introduced in my tanks, their tentacles get 2-3 times thicker but half shorter. What cause these changes? Flow? Or nutrient?
Picture would help

General guess is that the flow is too low. Is this how they look or are they even fatter and shorter?

IMG_1159.jpeg

I’d recommend established torches meaning they been conditioned to survive in our tank. Some places are fresh imported and are sold fast as they arrive in the U.S . More likely to die due to stress. I recommend to avoid this, as you need a lot of experience and stable tank to keep them alive, and it not a for sure thing they will survive. I recommend getting from Arvin @Arvin R. He has some nice ones that color up well and is also part of bar. Good to support local Bay Area.
I appreciate the plug! Here's a couple pics of what I have available right now minus a few that will go into my personal collection.

Low and to some extent single direction constant flow will definitely make their tenticles shorter and fatter.

20240218_131035.jpg
20240218_131031.jpg

Just test yesterday .02 phosphates, nitrates probably low, setup automatic doser for phosphate and nitrate this afternoon, hopefully able to get some nutrients.

Torch Collection list
Holy grail (blue tips)

Holy grail (purple tips)

Holy grail (purple tips ) Malaysian

ASD Holy Grail

Banana Grail

Malaysian 24k grail

Malaysian master variant

Malaysian green torch

Malaysian joker torch

Malaysian torch

Teal tips banana grail

Malaysian gold

Malaysian ultra gold

Malaysian sungod

FCA Sungod

FCA 21 tails

Master torch

Tck Holy Grail

Dark Holy Grail

TSA Holy Grail

Indo 24k torch

Cotton candy

Hellfire torch

Dragonsoul torch

New York Knicks (blue tips)

New York Knicks (purple tips)

Gold torch

Green torch (green tips green mouth)

Green torch( light blue tips

03/3/2024
Testing new salt, Red Sea Blue Bucket( small bucket) for experimental trial. Did 3 gal water change on the IM25G using Red Sea Blue bucket. 1.026 salinity

Reason to use blue bucket Red Sea:
- suppose to mix at 8 alk, what I usually run for tank. Basically really small alk swing not even noticeable. Before used purple box instant ocean, which mix at 10 alk, since small tank I had to turn off doser for a day to get parameters to 8.0-8.5 alk.

+ clear mixing no debris
+ fast dissolves
+ puffy flesh on many of the torches after 20 mins
IMG_9136.jpeg
IMG_9135.jpeg

Last edited:
Back