Neptune Aquatics

Danh’s IM25 Lagoon

don’t mind the flesh on second pic, it’s holy grail splitting 5 ways… stress split , hate when they split like this stress itself out and myself :(

So far good, salt matches my tank parameters, bit early to tell but so far good results will keep updating
IMG_9140.jpeg

Interesting you have elevated aluminum like @Alexander1312 .

Got any bio media in there like marine pure? Running off what I've heard online too.

Also look into the Captiv8 trace elements, it includes iodine.
My guess is the aluminum lid I have for tank.
Also I will be trying tropic marine 2 part trace element supplement. Current value not too high. Over 200 is high. My number is not hurtful, gotta be frequent with wc

Last edited:
My guess is the aluminum lid I have for tank.
Also I will be trying tropic marine 2 part trace element supplement. Current value not too high. Over 200 is high. My number is not hurtful, gotta be frequent with wc

I did not think of the lid, thanks for sharing. I believe your tank came with the lid as did mine. I have been planning to replace the lid (cumbersome to take off) so will potentially accelerate this now.

Aluminum won’t be falling off the lid by itself and won’t magically leach through air. So unless it’s in constant contact with water, it’s unlikely the source. If you have no added bimomedia and you’ve eliminated additives, I’d look for rusting magnets or other metal products (hose clamps, impellers in pumps rubbing against housing, etc.).

My tank always has a bit of Aluminum in it, also. No idea where it's coming from - I wonder sometimes if there's just traces of it in the salt we use (as seems to be the case with lithium)?

Aluminum won’t be falling off the lid by itself and won’t magically leach through air. So unless it’s in constant contact with water, it’s unlikely the source. If you have no added bimomedia and you’ve eliminated additives, I’d look for rusting magnets or other metal products (hose clamps, impellers in pumps rubbing against housing, etc.).
The reason the lid was not unlikely from my perspective is because water is splashing constantly at the lid and back into the water (caused by fish behavior). And the the lid is aluminum. I cannot see the other examples applicable in my case as all of my equipment is brand new. I use all magnets from Octoaquatics who goes above and beyond encasing them.

The reason the lid was not unlikely from my perspective is because water is splashing constantly at the lid and back into the water (caused by fish behavior). And the the lid is aluminum. I cannot see the other examples applicable in my case as all of my equipment is brand new. I use all magnets from Octoaquatics who goes above and beyond encasing them.
I get water on lid too no clue by fish or other cause like evaporation. I check anything with magnet like wavemaker mp10 and frag rack for corrosion. I always thought it was lid.

My tank always has a bit of Aluminum in it, also. No idea where it's coming from - I wonder sometimes if there's just traces of it in the salt we use (as seems to be the case with lithium)?
Looks like this is the case. In the case of lithium, this is apparently a sign of high-quality salt and no to very low lithium is a sign of cheaper production salt. Aluminum is ok if within the acceptable level. However, He and I are quite above the acceptable level, just confirmed this again with Chris Woods from Captiv8.

I like this link: https://www.faunamarin.de/en/knowledge-base/aluminium/

Back