got ethical husbandry?

Diver's Paradise: Felicia's Scuba-Inspired 30 Gallon

Yeah maybe not with the starry in there. Those are also awesome blennies. Not quite as colorful but they look so grumpy and they have those great fluffy antennas. My midas had quite a bit of orange to it as well as the yellow.

My monster Starry hates my yellow watch man... everytime he ventures outta his layer to get food, the midas will stop eathing and make a B-line to him to scare to go back into his tunnel.

What a meanie. My blenny is pretty aggressive about food, but he doesn't pick on any of the other fish. He is just always front and center to get the food when I feed.

Tank looks AWESOME Felicia!

I also have a Starry Blenny. Love it, but even in a 300 gallon tank it will not allow another blenny. I tried a Midas and it got chased right out of the tank (onto the floor unfortunately). :(

Cool video!

Colors look 'real'. Did you use a custom white balance? (for those NOT at Gary's talk yesterday, there was lots of discussion about custom white balance!)

Thanks guys!

Yep, Denzil. I used my iPhone and then edited in iMovie. Nothing fancy, but super easy.

John, I actually shot the video with my iPhone so there was no custom white balance option. There might be an app for it, but I was just using the regular camera app that comes on the iPhone. I do want to work on setting the custom white balance with my photos on my point and shoot though. Actually though, I have a dimmable fixture that lets me tailor the white to blue balance exactly how I want it, and I prefer seeing the colors more "real" so I tend to have my fixture set so the light doesn't look very blue. That means I don't have to worry so much about the custom white balance setting.

Amazing. iPhone!!

The balance looks great. I look for things I know the color of, like the white in the clown fish stripes. You got that about as well as possible.

Have you ever tried one of the macro lenses for the iPhone? I've seen some amazing planted tank pics with that combo.

aqua-nut said:
Amazing. iPhone!!

The balance looks great. I look for things I know the color of, like the white in the clown fish stripes. You got that about as well as possible.

Have you ever tried one of the macro lenses for the iPhone? I've seen some amazing planted tank pics with that combo.

I'm so glad it came out that well just using my iPhone. I guess I don't need to custom set the white balance then, because I couldn't change it on my phone and what you're seeing is what the tank looks like all the time. Like I said, I keep the lights less blue than most people.

I didn't know they made macro lenses for the iPhone. I'll have to check that out! Thanks for telling me about them.

Nice shots Felicia!! I love your tank, it's sooo purdy. :D

LoL, I must be crazy, or have good luck. I have both a Midas and a Starry blenny in my 90 gallon tank. The Starry was one of my very first fish (back when I had a puffer) and the Midas was purchased some time close to the end of last year. Never had a problem with either of them not liking each other. Not saying they love each other, but they worked out their issues after a week or so, and now don't even bother one another. Midas comes out more often than the Starry, but both love their own perching spots. It may help that I have a Kole tang who thinks he's a mediator and doesn't allow any fish to pick on any other fish (with the exception of the Melanurus wrasse right now). LoL, he's the boss, and he's the bully that bullies the buttheads. Haha.

Brandie, sounds like you got lucky with your two blennies. That is awesome that you can keep both because they are both great fish. Its funny how fish have such personality :)

Back