[quote author=bookfish link=topic=5720.msg89259#msg89259 date=1237261153]
Perhaps caps are needed here.

THIS PLANT CAN SMOTHER ALL OTHER LIFE IN YOUR REEF

IT WON"T TAKE AS LONG AS YOU THINK FOR THIS TO HAPPEN

PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO HELP YOU

[/quote]
[size=50pt]
+1[/size]

I read on some website all it takes is a 1mm piece to grow. Good luck trying to remove 1mm specks from every crevice in your tank and not releasing another 1mm speck in the process of removing it...

[quote author=Roc link=topic=5720.msg89423#msg89423 date=1237306027]
when is goes sexual, can't it also cause a tank crash?
[/quote]
I think only when there are a lot. A piece here and there doesn't hurt. (IMO)

[quote author=Elite link=topic=5720.msg89430#msg89430 date=1237306661]
A piece here and there doesn't hurt. (IMO)
[/quote]

Agreed

I have the illegal one, just a very small amount of it which I'm trying to attach to a rock. So is it a yes or a no on removing it? I'd like to keep it, but if it is really that harmful I'm willing to remove it. I'll make a poll on the top of this thread. you can vote...

If you have caulerpa you know is an illegal species remove it, toss it in a pile in the backyard or something (not down a drain or sewer!) however the picture above looks like prolifera which is not illegal as of yet.

I know what is banned and what isn't. The pic posted is mainly what I have that isn't banned, but I DO have some that is but it is a very small amount. What I'm asking an answer for is would you suggest removing the prolifera or not?

[quote author=Euphyllia link=topic=5720.msg89654#msg89654 date=1237335357]
What I'm asking an answer for is would you suggest removing the prolifera or not?
[/quote]

FIVE PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY ANSWERED THIS.
Please go back and read the posts which you have ignored.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=5720.msg89646#msg89646 date=1237334094]
[size=20pt]If you have caulerpa you know is an illegal species remove it[/size], toss it in a pile in the backyard or something (not down a drain or sewer!) however the picture above looks like prolifera which is not illegal as of yet.

[/quote]

I have some hair algae I'm worried about. What animal (besides snails and hermit crabs) mainly feeds on hair algae? I've heard some crabs and some blennies do. Is there anything small that will eat it?

The bright side is that at least your hair algae can be dealt with... glad the calerpa is gone... ;)

I like mithrax crabs and mexican turbo's for hair algae issues... I would also try to get to the source of the problem via your water source/quality check, increasing WC's, runn some phosban or compriable, make sure your lighting period is not too long, make sure what your feeding is being consumed in a timely manner... just a few of the basics....

[quote author=Euphyllia link=topic=5720.msg90045#msg90045 date=1237416002]
I have some hair algae I'm worried about. What animal (besides snails and hermit crabs) mainly feeds on hair algae? I've heard some crabs and some blennies do. Is there anything small that will eat it?
[/quote]

I remove as much as I can and then use this for the rest... ;D...
advglideadvance.jpg

I do this about every other month..

Back