Cali Kid Corals

Northbay-reefer 210 .... rebuilding project

ok more rock work, this is not done yet, but you can see the progression

005.jpg

003.jpg

006.jpg

Thanks guys, What I notice about matured tank is that they tend to be so overgrown that its hard to keep clean so after 10 years or so, the tank has a tendency to crash, if you are doing bare bottom then things can be cleaned easier, I always like sand so if I am going to do a sand bed, I need to make it open and easy to vacuum to avoid a crash latter. This open structure also will help with flow. Some of you are wondering how I am going to keep live rock? Well most of the live rocks will be in the 90 gal dark bare bottom Refugium with no macro algea.

Very, very nice Tom. You are very smart thinking about the final product years down the road instead of chucking it together to make it "look pretty"

Thanks guys, I can't wait to put it all together and see what it looks like inside the tank with water and lights.

I am in North Carolina right now moving my fiance' to Cali .... so no updates yet :bigsmile: can't wait to come back home and sleep in my own bed and work on the tank.

I just want to disinfect it, once everything is done i'll pressure wash it and soak it in salt water for several days before putting it into the tank ... its better to be safe

Elite said:
Tom must be working for the Union.. put in one nail -> break time -> put in another nail -> lunch time .... :D

LOL I think that is why they moved me into Management :bigsmile: I get to skip the nailing, the breaks and just go for a long lunches :D

Well, the rock work is done, but I wasn't able to do anything for the last month because I crashed my bike and ended up in ICU ....lol .... but now I am back and still vaguely remember all of you ....lol j/k ... I'll have more pictures real soon

Back