Our mission

Off Topic Photography Showcase Thread

Great series. Hopefully I'll make my way to Europe one of these days.

From my one and only trip to Mono Lake.

54614357.jpg

54616087.jpg

54614361.jpg

54616095.jpg

Shooting this house in pitch blackness was kind of freaky. :-[
54616096.jpg

54616135.jpg

#3 is breathtaking..

I have a few in my gallery from my dive in Iceland. I will post a few up from the waterfalls and iceberg lagoon shortly. If only I had my d50 when I went. I had some piss poor Olympus for most of my pics.

[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=1827.msg18557#msg18557 date=1176240699]
#3 is breathtaking..

I have a few in my gallery from my dive in Iceland. I will post a few up from the waterfalls and iceberg lagoon shortly. If only I had my d50 when I went. I had some piss poor Olympus for most of my pics.
[/quote]

Thanks. I still remember the brisk air that morning. Nothing makes you feel more alive than that. Well, maybe actually hiking up that sucker (one of the guys that I went with actually went back and hiked it w/his D50 for a day trip).

[quote author=Raddogz link=topic=1827.msg18563#msg18563 date=1176244434]
I bet #4 on 11 x 17 on Epson Photo Lustre gotta look awesome.

Eric - let me know if I can do a test print for you.
[/quote]

Never tried that on on 11x17 before. I'll dig up the original and send it your way later on tonight.

[quote author=Zepplock link=topic=1827.msg18564#msg18564 date=1176248702]
the one with moving stars is the best, too bad left bottom corner is damaged ;-(
[/quote]

That's one of the primary reasons why I got rid of the D70. The sensor heats up w/long exposures and causes those blooms. Anything longer than about 4 minutes and the sensor heats up. That shot was much longer; about 15 minutes.

Hey Eric - if possible can you send me the image.

I am in the mode or recalibrating out my monitor and printer so want to get some prints going.

Shot this of the golden gate today. A friend helped me merge some photos with panomerge or something like that. I did all the pre processing of the RAW to jpg. IBN helped me save the file as my printable file 6 feet x 1 foot @ 300 pixels. For some reason on my computer with 2gigs of RAM photoshop CS2 said that I could not save the picture @ the size I wanted. Ran out of RAM lol. This is a highly shrunk down shot.

GG_Bridge_small.jpg

What did you use to shoot it? Camera, lense, tripod, tripod head, etc?

Handheld, with a Nikon D70 with a Sigma 18-125 lens. I shot it in aperature priority (I should have shot it in manual mode) so I had to do a lot of adjusting to the raw to get the colors to match right.

This is nice IANI, I think you should wait for better clouds though. To make the shot more dramatic.
I love panoramic images, need to learn how to do it.

Zepplock. I really like that second shot. Is that at the Grand Canyon or Red Rock Canyon in Vegas?

Here are a couple I shot with Art from Point Bonita. Unfortunately my best shots were not of the lighthouse itself. Shot with a D50 with about a 30 sec to 1 minute exposure time.

480993707_b00c9dbff7.jpg

480992785_d11210bdcd.jpg

480992745_8f22ba6992.jpg

480992771_5254f58f32.jpg

The second one is Antelope Canyon near Page , AZ.
Little North-East from Grand Canyon.

I have 4 nice shots from that place that I'm printing 16x20 and will hand in bedroom.

seminolecpa - those long expore shots are great!

Raddogz - I can'r say it is very sharp.
There's not enough light there and mt 18-55 f3.5 is not enough.

I still need to do some post-processing for it.

Zepplock, that second shot looks like it's sharp enough from here as well. I say push it through some post processing. Looks like there's plenty of potential for some work there.

Seminolecpa, what lens are you using? I'm seeing some flaring in the last shot of the lighthouse.

Back