Kessil

Seminolecpa's 180G upgrade

Everything is looking good Bryan. Can't wait to see things set up. Did you decide if you going to flush mount the RKE somewhere?

[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=5363.msg72588#msg72588 date=1231018063]
Yikes I go away for 3 days and have 15 some posts on my journal thread. Thinking renting the class suction cups may be a good idea. My only thought was would it put too much pressure on the bottom seams and glass if it was picked up from the sides? Should only be about a 6-8 foot move once we get it up on the lift.

Gresham, refresh my memory is Greg65 the guy in Concord that sold Zeovit stuff and Bubblekings out of his house? If it is the same guy I am thinking of it would be very odd as he was probably the first person I got corals from when I moved back out to the Bay Area including the ugliest Efflo one of the original DBTC items.
[/quote]

That's him :)

Ask Max if he has the suction cups.

Bryan let me know if you need help. On Friday after work I might be able to help too depending on the time ( I am in Santa Clara already)

Here is your tank Bryan..
tank1.jpg

tank2.jpg

tank3.jpg

tank4.jpg

tank7.jpg

Max hasn't clean the back yet so it's still a little dirty ;) ..
tank5.jpg

Look how thick this thing is :eek: :eek: .. Have fun carry it in guys ;D ..
tank6.jpg

I am guessing 1 1/2" :) don't worry that is only the back. The rest is a measly 1/2" starfire I believe and of course the 1" bottom as well. :}

Hence the material lift to clear the stairs and the suction cups to move it from the lift to the resting place about 8 feet away.

[quote author=xinumaster link=topic=5363.msg73425#msg73425 date=1231458258]
I wonder if Max can refinish my canopy and stand.
[/quote]

Your big tank?? I worry do it without tearing it down.

ok so here is the main hurdle to cross in the tank move

1400906820_4b0167dd42_b.jpg

Plan on using a material lifter to get it up to the level of the opening of the stairwell, then a straight shot into the house (about 8 feet) to get it in place. the tank will sit in the corner of the room (closet to the front of the picture)

Well if someone has I camera I'll volunteer the videotaping :D

So you're going to remove the railing around the stairs? Or is it going to squeeze in above it but below the overhang?

The latter. I measured it out and it should fit fine.Only other option is to come in up the stairs or up even worse stairs in the front and carry it through the whole house.

If it fits through that opening that probably will be fine since it's at a "holdable" height. Would although holding it from the "other side" might be a bit difficult, if people kind of hand it off through the doorway that probably would work best rather than carrying it through...

But yikes... I'll be sure to bring my back brace anyways ;)

Back