Cali Kid Corals

[Aug 5, 2017] Silicon Valley Coral Farmers Market (Saratoga, CA)

Nice pick ups!

The diabolic pacman is supposed to be the same as the RR pink floyd. I don't have that piece to put next to the pink floyd to see if they'll fuse, but it would be interesting to verify.

9455a1fc6c60e21eb0dc51c1d90344bf.jpg

We made it just in time for the raffle. Won some acrylic mushroom boxes. Got 5 little corals from Reef Kingdom. At the end of the show he was doing "buy 3, get 2 free" on his $15 frags. Nice to see Mike, Will and Phuong!

9455a1fc6c60e21eb0dc51c1d90344bf.jpg

We made it just in time for the raffle. Won some acrylic mushroom boxes. Got 5 little corals from Reef Kingdom. At the end of the show he was doing "buy 3, get 2 free" on his $15 frags. Nice to see Mike, Will and Phuong!

I thought those acrylic softie frag boxes were interesting. Does anyone know who sells them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I thought those acrylic softie frag boxes were interesting. Does anyone know who sells them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The guy from Clear Water Aquarium laser cuts and makes the mushroom boxes. The raffle prizes were even personalized to say "Coral Farmers Market 2017". It doesn't say his name, but his number is 415.342.0028

2e4274ab2d503900666b906036ad2cbd.jpg

c5abb02d9e5b721fd27126374cddae8c.jpg

fd3b27de5796039fff4828f4bc6eeb0c.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JVU
Nice pick ups!

The diabolic pacman is supposed to be the same as the RR pink floyd. I don't have that piece to put next to the pink floyd to see if they'll fuse, but it would be interesting to verify.

Hopefully I can get this guy to grow. Then we can swap frags and experiment!

Reactions: Ibn
Though I was only there for about an hour, I had lots of fun window shopping. It sucked that I couldn't take any corals home as my tank is still cycling, but I enjoyed seeing a lot of the corals in person for the first time. I didn't go home empty handed tho, Reef Nutrition gave me two free bottles of copepods and a bottle of phytoplankton! I finally have life in my tank!

Also, got to chat it up with Mr Flagg, too bad I didn't bump into any other BARers there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Though I was only there for about an hour, I had lots of fun window shopping. It sucked that I couldn't take any corals home as my tank is still cycling, but I enjoyed seeing a lot of the corals in person for the first time. I didn't go home empty handed tho, Reef Nutrition gave me two free bottles of copepods and a bottle of phytoplankton! I finally have life in my tank!

Also, got to chat it up with Mr Flagg, too bad I didn't bump into any other BARers there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah, I think we were the first couple bar members there.

We needed a banner behind our table. I'm sure that's how Mark missed us. BTW, Steve and Randy paid us out $ for the raffle tickets. I can give it to @mray2660 at the frag swap next month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back