Cali Kid Corals

bondolo's defunct tanks

The frag flat take down is complete! Thank you to @NelsonCh, @euod, @Oliver and @Zero Gravitas for coming by to help clear it out last weekend. I got the lights rearranged, plumbing cleaned up and empty tank moved on Friday.

I am planning to saw up and/or give away my encrusted rocks and colonies soon. I had planned to cut them up next weekend but now have an obligation so am slightly delayed. Soon though! Probably August 10th or 11th.

To do the fragging I will be borrowing a saw from @Kensington Reefer. A few people have asked for specific frags but most of the pieces are still available for. I had originally planned to remove the fish last but am now thinking that taking out most of the rocks and coral may be stressful and unhealthy for them. I'm going to miss those guys (and you fine folks as well!). The nicest corals are green/blue blastomussa from @yardartist and australomussa. If there is anyone in to Caribbean corals a have a large encrusted rock of agaricia that I would prefer see go as a complete colony.

The frag flat take down is complete! Thank you to @NelsonCh, @euod, @Oliver and @Zero Gravitas for coming by to help clear it out last weekend. I got the lights rearranged, plumbing cleaned up and empty tank moved on Friday.

I am planning to saw up and/or give away my encrusted rocks and colonies soon. I had planned to cut them up next weekend but now have an obligation so am slightly delayed. Soon though! Probably August 10th or 11th.

To do the fragging I will be borrowing a saw from @Kensington Reefer. A few people have asked for specific frags but most of the pieces are still available for. I had originally planned to remove the fish last but am now thinking that taking out most of the rocks and coral may be stressful and unhealthy for them. I'm going to miss those guys (and you fine folks as well!). The nicest corals are green/blue blastomussa from @yardartist and australomussa. If there is anyone in to Caribbean corals a have a large encrusted rock of agaricia that I would prefer see go as a complete colony.
@bondolo I also want to thank you for the chance of getting some beautiful pieces , good luck with your new chapter .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My display tank has a temporary reprieve due to delays in moving to Hawaii but it has not been doing well since I took down the frag flat. The chemistry has been messed up and there have been explosions of hair algae. In the recent heat wave I lost a fish, the foxface, which I was extremely upset about. I kind of wish I had just taken down both tanks at the same time. I have been doing large water changes but it seems to be a losing battle and I can't seem to make the corals happy again. I am at a loss as to what's wrong with the chemistry, all of the parameters are in the expected ranges.

I added phosban and charcoal to my sump in a bag and it seems to be helping tame the hair algae.

In other news, I am less than a month from tearing down my tank and the clown fish have decided that after 9 years now is the time to notice the anemones that I thoughtful provided over the last decade.

The time for teardown has come. I will be distributing livestock and coral next Saturday January 11th and hopefully draining my tank on Sun January 12th.

I had plans to frag up the corals but I have not had time so I will be giving away full colonies. I was slow in dealing with hair algae outbreak so some of the colonies have suffered and I lost some nice corals. Remaining are:

@yardartist green-blue blastomusa
Australomusa
Pink blastomusa wellsi
Green/Reg blastomusa wellsi
Red Acan
Green/Red Acan
Green encrusting Monti
Green/Brown favid
@tuberider leprechaun undata montipora
Green psamacora
various disosoma mushrooms, green orange, fire and ice
florida cubensis mushrooms
Giant palythoa
Brown palythoa (yay!)
purple palythoa
brown montipora digitata
blue frogspawn
mummy eye chalice
two different fungia, green/blue and blue
plamers blue mllipora
Gold coin lepastrea yellow/yellow, yellow/white, yellow/green
A weird brown encrusting sps I have never seen elsewhere, not montipora
green pavona
a few more I can't remember the names of
two Dolphin pet village bubble tip anenomes (orange)
~100lbs of live rock. I would prefer the corals go on the rocks.

I have 3 phenotypical (plain) Ocellaris clownfish. They have been laying eggs for about a year.

Preference will be given based on duration and activity in BAR and in dont-break-the-chain. Must be a supporting member.

I will be selling the 92 gallon corner tank and stand (cheap!), 85g 2x4x2 sump, Octopus 185i skimmer with newish Varios 4s pump, LED lights with ReefAngel Controller once I get everything dry and clean. I'll also be giving away various bits of gear.

Last edited:
Mike I can come help frag his week or pickup some things to distribute st the sf tank tour this coming weekend. I’d like the yard artist blasto and australomusa

Last edited:
if you still have the magnifica rabbit fish....
Purple palys please, and a frag of the undata, and the ricordia mushrooms

Next weekend is not good for me
But may I recommend that someone frags the corals on site for distribution to the club
I can drop off the saw

Last edited:
I can definitely take some frags and give it back to you when you are back and to others as well. Trying to restock my tank again.

Would love one of the DPV anemones, also I'm a sucker for acans. I do have the band saw so if multiple people want I can slice and dice. Pick blasto too... unless I'm sounding too greedy, then feel free to pass it on

I can definitely take some frags and give it back to you when you are back and to others as well. Trying to restock my tank again.
He’s going to Hawaii so I don’t think a return is planned. I may be able to get you the elegance tho if I make it out to mikes this week.

Back