Cali Kid Corals

DBTC: Walt Disney

@jhuynh made a journal update.

d2af4fa88e8b76ffe531a5d6366ac500

jhuynh said:
old pic but alive

John @jhuynh has the magic touch with keeping high-end SPS happy
thanks for the kind words, but it wont make me re-open this wd dtbc currently. i eventually will, but not yet. i strive to make sure everything in my tank is alive and make sure they are happy in the artifical ocean box they are currently living in. below is a pic of the WD after 5 - 6 weeks of fragging "side view". you can see the top view on my previous post.

20210625_141442.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for the kind words, but it wont make me re-open this wd dtbc currently. i eventually will, but not yet. i strive to make sure everything in my tank is alive and make sure they are happy in the artifical ocean box they are currently living in. below is a pic of the WD after 5 - 6 weeks of fragging "side view".

View attachment 28962
John, you should not think of this chain as closed or open. You don’t ever need to contribute more frags to this chain if you don’t want to, and it will still be open. DBTC is NOT about you giving away corals to everyone and that’s it. It is about you giving out some coral frags, could be just a couple, and then the recipients growing what you gave them and then contributing back to the chain. Also you don’t need to tell BARcode that you lost your frag if are just not planning to contribute more, in fact it is better if you don’t since that is meant for when your coral dies or is given completely away, but your colony is still doing well. And by the way that BARcode posting was completely automated, it just randomly pings people to give updates, it was not directed at you by anyone.

If you don’t feel like putting more back in here for any reason that is not only fine, but expected! I was paying you a complement you deserve, not trying to get you to do anything different. You have already given out way more frags than expected here. Just sit back and enjoy seeing the frags you gave out grow and then other people contribute frags back into the chain.

John, you should not think of this chain as closed or open. You don’t ever need to contribute more frags to this chain if you don’t want to, and it will still be open. DBTC is NOT about you giving away corals to everyone and that’s it. It is about you giving out some coral frags, could be just a couple, and then the recipients growing what you gave them and then contributing back to the chain. Also you don’t need to tell BARcode that you lost your frag if are just not planning to contribute more, in fact it is better if you don’t since that is meant for when your coral dies or is given completely away, but your colony is still doing well. And by the way that BARcode posting was completely automated, it just randomly pings people to give updates, it was not directed at you by anyone.

If you don’t feel like putting more back in here for any reason that is not only fine, but expected! I was paying you a complement you deserve, not trying to get you to do anything different. You have already given out way more frags than expected here. Just sit back and enjoy seeing the frags you gave out grow and then other people contribute frags back into the chain.
thanks for the comments and feed back. i appreciate it.

i am unsure if other members saw what i keep seeing, but i was pretty much fed up with the program. i thought maybe i was over thinking it and maybe the program just won't work for me. after a while - aka tons of beer, i wanted to see if i can make a change and enhance the program by adding more higher end pieces but with more stricter rules. with my recent dbtc additions, i feel confident now i can continue on with the program and i will keep adding more to it. I do enjoy the club and the members i have associated with while I have been active and want to continue that. some members already have followed me, so its working so far.

i am unsure if other members saw what i keep seeing, but i was pretty much fed up with the program. i thought maybe i was over thinking it and maybe the program just won't work for me. after a while - aka tons of beer, i wanted to see if i can make a change and enhance the program by adding more higher end pieces but with more stricter rules. with my recent dbtc additions, i feel confident now i can continue on with the program and i will keep adding more to it. I do enjoy the club and the members i have associated with while I have been active and want to continue that. some members already have followed me, so its working so far.

We are all ears - let us know your thoughts on how to improve it or its pitfalls. You can do that publicly or privately to any BOD member.

You inspired me to add my Cali Tort to DBTC, so your generosity isn't lost on us. I think the next one I got is a Frogskin, so you can be early in line for that once I get my fragging in gear.

You inspired me to add my Cali Tort to DBTC, so your generosity isn't lost on us. I think the next one I got is a Frogskin, so you can be early in line for that once I get my fragging in gear.
thanks for the gesture. i dont need to be first in line for anything from you or any other member. i prefer to give rather than receive.

MY NEW DBTC RULES FOR HIGH END SPS:

*must be a supporting ACTIVE BAR member for over 180 days*

1. At least two frags from this acro should be offered through DBTC before you do whatever else you want with your extra frags.
2. People who have offered frags on this thread get first dibs on next frags (should something happen to theirs).
3. IMPORTANT - Must have a tank journal and reasonable SUCCESS KEEPING SPS FOR OVER A YEAR.
4. Whoever is interested please put your name down or PM me, I will pick who will will get a frag - using BarCode doesn't guarantee you a frag, but gives me an idea that you are interested.
5. Must have a 40g or larger tank and no anemones in it - no exceptions.
6. BOD members are exempt from my rules for their hard work on this forum.
7. If anyone sells their piece before completing their chain, I will revoke and stop any future DTBC and close out currently ones I have open.
8. Current contributing DBTC'ers who have over 5 DBTC chains or have put back at least 5 frags (according to BarCode) will have priority in joining my chain.

current parameters:
par 380
no3 10ppm
po4 0.015ppm
alk 8.1
cal 530
mag 1510

porch pick up san leandro.

Back