High Tide Aquatics

DBTCX-Leng Sy cap

For the record this chain is not dead. I lost my frag but acquired another one in the swap and it is growing out very well. Should be ready to frag in a couple of months.

I had more problems with this coral then pretty much anything else in my tank. I could never quite kill it but I sure did take it to the brink many a time.

well, if you are TRYING to give some away :p, I'll sign up. However if someone really wants a frag and there aren't any left, I'll give up my slot.

I'll be at the next meeting so we'll see how that goes.

Just because it isn't DBTCXtreme, doesn't mean it isn't cool! In fact, one of my favorite corals is still the lowly leather toadstool.

Heheh... I was just about to post that, Bryan :D

Wasn't this the first coral posted when we started DBTC?

Back then we didn't have X-Treme(X), Semi-X-Treme(SX), Colony Edition(CE) labels.

This coral is the real deal Leng Sy. 3rd generation from the original. Not a "fake" LE :D

Leng Sy/Mike Paletta/Sand Dollar/Mr. Ugly

I can frag the front piece in half for 2 people.

IMG_3138copy.jpg

I got mine from Bryan so..not much I can say there. I can say though that it quite grows well :p The front one was a little faded from the shown color when I got it. The back oen was browned out (grew in a shaded region). They both ended up at the same color. It could be that I am not blasting it with light, or maybe even the spectrum for fluorescing purposes. I've seen colors of corals change (visually, not pigment) vastly with different lights.

They seem to be able to morph drastically. I got my piece from Tongao a while back. He said it was bought as LengSy, but he lost the purple rim and white polyps. It looked like a plain old green monti in his tank. After a few months in my tank, it got the purple ring, white polyps and has ridges which definetely are all LengSy traits..

Mine is on a rock on the bottom of my tank... simply because I really don't want another cap that takes over valuable real-estate, and something constantly knocks that rock over! It hasn't grown for squat since I had it, however it isn't dead... I just recently glued the rock to the ground, but still there's plenty of room that a snail or urchin could wedge it.

Yep that is from me. Mine is cupping nicely but no real nodules yet but it is also a little greener then the one in your pic. Got it from Norm way back whenFor reference Jeremy if you want to look at my colony, it is the green cap with the purple rim toward the top middle in my display tank.

Back