Reef nutrition

[Dec 12, 2015] Speaker Event/Potluck: Rich Ross

So in December Rich Ross, Senior Aquatic Biologist at the Steinhart Aquarium will be coming to us to give a talk! I've heard time and time again he is a prolific and entertaining speaker. We will be having a potluck right before the talk so bring your most exquisite dishes.

Every year tons of other clubs and marine societies pay Rich Ross to fly around the country to speak about his research and adventures. We're so lucky to have him right here in the Bay Area!

You are invited to come! Bring something.....food....drinks...plates.....appetite.....humor.....good vibrations, etc!

UPDATE: We will be in Room 758

CALL ME 111-111-1111 if you cant find the room.

It is near the solar panel parking lot

222527_358755317547273_1699593298_n-L.jpg

Who Is Rich Ross:
  • Richard Ross is a Senior Biologist at the Steinhart Aquarium in the California Academy of Sciences where he cultures and cares for exotic cephalopods, fish & coral, participates in ongoing field work on coral spawning, animal collection & transport, and manages tropical saltwater displays including the 212,000 gallon Philippine Coral Reef exhibit.
  • He is a prolific writer and speaker, authoring academic papers and a catalogue of articles on aquarium and reef related educational topics including his Skeptical Reefkeeping series which focuses on critical thinking, responsibility and ethics of aquarium keeping.
  • Richard was presented with the MASNA Aquarist of the Year award in 2015, and his work has been covered by mainstream media outlets including Scientific American, National Geographic, Penn¹s Sunday School and Fox News. Richard has kept saltwater animals for over 25 years, and has worked in aquarium maintenance, retail, wholesale and has consulted for a coral farm/fish collecting station in the South Pacific.
  • He was also a past president of BAR.
  • Has spoken at almost all MACNA events around the country.

Talk Topic(s)
  • The Secret of Reefkeeping

Date: December 12, 2015 (Saturday)
Time:

• 11:30am -12:00pm | Food Preparation/Layout
  • 12:00pm | Lunch Time!
  • 12:00pm - 2:00pmish | Rich Ross Talk and Live Q & A

Club membership is not required for this event.

Please post below what you plan on bringing to the potluck so we don't have repeats.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm bringing Oven Baked Chicken Wings!

To RSVP for this Event click on the Yes Box and then click Post.

When clicking the Yes Box you will not see a checkmark.....but it's there so just click one time and click Post. It's a bug in the RSVP system that we haven't fixed yet.

Last edited:
I'm gonna go with maybe at this point. I really really want to come but haven't been doing well lately which means the tanks aren't doing well either. Got the NVR stineheart tour today so I'm gonna have to see how this week goes to know if I can make it. If I do we will prolly bring my moms broccoli salad as I couldn't think of a way to keep my killer corn casserole everyone loves hot enough with the 2hr drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wfong, my wife Ellen will bring asian cold noodle salad plus another dish garlic noodles. Looking forward to this event.

Mike, add two more people to my reservation. There names are David and Theresa. They will bring curry chicken with rice. You need to bring your microwave for heating up hot dishes.

Theresa and I will be there. The room is almost directly above 722 (where we have had meeting and swaps in the past). To get to 751, walk past 722 and enter the door in the end of the other half of 700 (there will be signs), go up the stairs and turn left at the top. 751 will be in front of you.

Back