Kessil

History of BAR Speakers

sfsuphysics said:
Yeah, seemed I ruffled some feathers with that statement too... oh well.

Wonder if Andy still lives on the other side of the hill from me.

Last I heard/saw..Yup.
Appreciate the history. BAR is/was/hopefully will continue to be a very different set of enthusiasts. Unfortunate that a lot of the members I met upon joining are no longer active/got out of the hobby. That's just the way it goes I guess!

BAYMAC said:
bondolo said:
Here's hoping that drama never returns. :) We're better off without it.

Good luck with that.

I have contact with most clubs in the US, drama is simply a part of reef clubs.

Only if the club fails to learn from it, and part of the benefit of this kind of thread is remembering lessons learned. David is pumping me for information on Sundays at work and its a pleasure to know he is interested. A new kind of drama met with patience, action and generosity is fine, repeating the same drama is silly. :D

Thales said:
BAYMAC said:
bondolo said:
Here's hoping that drama never returns. :) We're better off without it.

Good luck with that.

I have contact with most clubs in the US, drama is simply a part of reef clubs.

Only if the club fails to learn from it, and part of the benefit of this kind of thread is remembering lessons learned. David is pumping me for information on Sundays at work and its a pleasure to know he is interested. A new kind of drama met with patience, action and generosity is fine, repeating the same drama is silly. :D

I beg to differ, I have yet been in contact with a club that has not gone through drama, and still doesn't go through drama (same, different, doesn't matter). Some clubs are better at hiding it ;) I'm in a very unique position, one I fully can say no one else in the Bay Area has. The amount of club contact I have is quite substantial, and happens every day. We had to bring another person into my Dept just to help with clubs.

I will go one step further and say, of ALL the clubs I have had contact with (RC cars, fly fishing, reefs, FW planted aquaria, etc) all have had blow out drama. It's a fact of life for an all volunteer clubs such as BAR. Someone will always carry the club. Someone will always feel a bit spiteful for being one of the few that actually makes the club go. People do not realize just how much work a BOD position takes, and that only lasts for so long, eh Mr past prez of how many terms?

Show me a club that had the BOD survive MACNA :lol:

Most do try to rise above it. BAR has numerous times, as has MARS, CVR, NVR, etc etc. That does not mean they are drama free, which was and is my point. Reality sucks sometimes.

Ooops.... palindrome post count.... time to stop posting on this account as well :lol:

drama happens, its called life. You have no real choice in it, it just happens ;) You can either fight it and let it win, or you can win and let it be. Drama has a way of going away if you let it be.

I'm sorry but drama is a part of life. It's not a matter of escaping it but rather how well you handle/minimize it. You're only fooling yourself if you honestly think you're escaping it.

Back