Reef nutrition

June 26, 2021 - Frag Swap Volunteer signup

These frag swaps do not run only on the back of the BOD, members who are generous with their time who often do most of the leg work at the event are really the ones who should be thanked for making them work. Frag swaps are no different we absolutely need people to help out, especially when we're on a time crunch, whether it's moving a tables, helping with registration, or telling people where to go. So this here is a signup list for those who can help, I do ask though to only volunteer if you absolutely know you can be at the event at a particular time. I'll pass out my phone number to volunteers too in case something comes up, traffic is a thing, real life happens, etc.

Setup - @Baykes @Bolicks @PeetaJai Need to be at the event by 10am, this needs to happen relatively fast as setup to - registration is a very short window.
Registration -
@2manyhobbies @Bruce Spiegelman @PeetaJai Needed at the event at 10:15am, there is a raffle so someone will sell tickets throughout the event.
Coral Checkers
- @Vhuang168 @Bruce Spiegelman Needed at 10:15 until 11am
Coral Runners -
@Baykes @glee @Srt4eric Needed 10:15 until 11
Frag Patrol -
@glee @Vhuang168 Needed 11am until swap end.
Cleanup -
At least 2 people, the more the merrier though. After the swap, get towels to wipe any saltwater spills that may have happened off tables and floors, and move tables back to where they are supposed to be so the event host doesn't have too do much work after we used his facility. Needed from end of swap until things are cleaned up, it probably wouldn't take more than 30 minutes though.

Last edited:
Definitely appreciate it Vincent. Feel free to jump in where you are most comfortable.

Mike, volunteering to bring frags isn't a job it's a calling. And yeah figure you'll show up later than you mean, here's hoping that it's at least before the swap starts :)

I volunteer to bring a lot of frags, more than I think I will. And show up later than I meant to. So I probably can’t help with anything besides cleanup. And drinking Tim’s beer.
This sounds like my style! Although I can try to be on time (if parking works out)

Last edited:
Definitely appreciate it Vincent. Feel free to jump in where you are most comfortable.

Mike, volunteering to bring frags isn't a job it's a calling. And yeah figure you'll show up later than you mean, here's hoping that it's at least before the swap starts :)
If you don't put Vincent on check-in, coral checker and frag patrol it's a mistake. He's the best.

It depends where the location of the swap is for me to decide. Has it been announced yet?
Date : June 26th, 2021
Time : 11am - 1pm, Registration starts at 10:15am do note this is an earlier than usual time.

I’ll be bringing all the swap stuff I‘ve been storing for the club, and helping Mike manage the chaos and with whatever comes up (there’s always something).

Coral checker is the only job that has a prerequisite of coral knowledge (checking bonus coral types, screening for obviously unhealthy coral and pests), and therefore can be harder to fill. So if you are interested in this, please volunteer specifically for it.

Last edited:
Back