BARs Regional Frag Swap Official Rules and Info

Discussion in 'Events & Announcements' started by Flagg37, Aug 3, 2017.

By Flagg37 on Aug 3, 2017 at 10:10 PM
  1. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

REGIONAL-FRAG-SWAP-BANNER-2017.jpg

I will be updating this post as information becomes available so check back often.

We're excited to announce BAR's biggest event of the year, the annual Regional Frag Swap.

This frag swap is open to everyone, in fact we will be encouraging people from throughout California to come swap frags.

[​IMG]Details
    • Room Number: Room 722
      • Chabot College in Hayward, CA
      • Park in lot G (Which is the closest to Building 700)
      • Remember to bring $2 in change for parking
    • Schedule
      • 10:30am Shopping Starts / Vendors Ready
      • 11:00am - 12:00pm Register for the Frag Swap (Get your picking Letter)
      • 12:30pm Start Frag Swap

[​IMG] Requirements
    • Bring at least 3 different coral frags in their own clear plastic containers with lids.
      • Must be labeled with your username AND coral name AND lights used. You cannot swap if it doesnt have this information.
      • We will be checking for unlabeled, mislabeled, sick, or dead coral.
    • Cost
      • Pre-registration is now closed
      • Registration is $20 at the door.
    • The following corals cannot be used in frag swapping.
      • [​IMG] (click to enlarge)
    [​IMG] Shopping
    • The following Vendors will be there selling premium corals and drygoods.
      • [​IMG]
      • [​IMG]
      • [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Food / Drinks
    • Pizza and drinks will be sold at the event

[​IMG] Bonus Rounds
    • The bonus rounds are optional and consist of the first picking round of the swap.
    • Once you're done with the bonus round, you continue the regular swap.
    • If you want to do the bonus rounds, you need to bring at least 3 bonus corals or 1 ultra coral from the bonus round list to receive 1 Bonus Round Ticket.
    • You can receive as many Bonus Round Tickets as you want. (Example: Bringing 9 bonus round frags gives you 3 bonus round tickets)
      • The Bonus Coral list can be found HERE.
      • Bonus Corals strains can be repeated only ONCE.
        • Example: 1) Oompa Loompa Zoa, 2) Oompa Loompa Zoa, 3) Gold Hammer = OKAY
      • Ultra Corals strains can be repeated only ONCE.
      • 3 Bonus Corals = 1 Bonus Round Ticket or 1 Ultra Coral = 1 Bonus Round Ticket
    • READ THIS THREAD on bonus rounds before asking questions about it here.
    [​IMG] Raffle Prizes
    • TBD

Updated 9/09/2017

If you want to donate something to this event, send me a private message.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
    Kremis and roostertech like this.
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Events & Announcements' started by Flagg37, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Kremis
      Kremis
      pre registered. I added in the notes "Kremis Pre-registering for frag swap" is that good enough or do I need to do something else ?
    2. Ibn
      Ibn
      Is there a list of raffle items to peruse?
    3. Coral reefer
      Coral reefer
    4. Ashalye
      Ashalye
      enaldy and Coral reefer like this.
    5. enaldy
      enaldy
    6. enaldy
      enaldy
      Pre-Reg. Done!!! Excited to my first Frag Swap.
    7. sfsuphysics
      sfsuphysics
      Well looks like I'll probably go afterall, I have 3 RBTAs in an holding container on the side of my lagoon, and I can easily frag the other stuff tomorrow or this weekend.

Are RBTAs weeds yet? I've donated them for raffle in the past too, but unsure if they're too "plain" these days.
      Ashalye likes this.
    8. roostertech
      roostertech
      Just need to come up with a fancy name for yours like ultra mystic rainbow sunburst
    9. sfsuphysics
      sfsuphysics
      Put them under UV lights while I take pictures of them will undoubtedly help as well.
    10. grizfyrfyter
      grizfyrfyter
      I'm headed to this one from Modesto. I'll be bringing a pile of 3d printed controller mounts with me if people are interested.
      Coral reefer likes this.
    11. Wlachnit
      Wlachnit
      Last time I used deli containers for the swap. they are translucent and so not perfectly clear. Are these fine, or does someone have a recommendation on a clear container?
    12. Coral reefer
      Coral reefer
      I think smart and final has clear ones.
    13. Apon
      Apon
      Kamei Housewares & Restaurant Supply in sf sells the clear ones. I think its like $9 for 25 containers and lids.....could be 50 can't remember and depending on size. If some of you want some I can pick up some- just pay me back.
    14. 2manyhobbies
      2manyhobbies
      This is the list of volunteers to help with the swap. I am sure there will be others, but these member specifically stated they would help!
      Mark B and Peter-setup, swap, and clean-up
      Vhuang168-Frag table patrol
      Wlachnit-laptop setup w/rounds and timers
      Bruce Spiegelman
      Apon-cleanup
      2manyhobbies-setup/swap/clean-up plus registration check-in.
    15. DEATH BY SNU SNU
      DEATH BY SNU SNU
      I can help with cleanup too!
    16. Bruce Spiegelman
      Bruce Spiegelman
      Let me now what I'll be doing so I am prepared. Thanks.
    17. sfsuphysics
      sfsuphysics
      Ok pre-registered. It's been a while since I used paypal though, first time I noticed they tacked on the fees on the senders side instead of the recipient Reminds me of the last time I bought tickets in advanced, it was $5 off the door price, but then after transaction/convenience/fee fees it ended up being a savings of just over a buck.

Oh well 74 cents is worth it for a slice of pizza :D
    18. roostertech
      roostertech
      No fee if you are sourcing from a bank account (ACH). Also do "send to family/friends" instead of purchase to avoid fee on receiving end.
      Coral reefer likes this.
    19. sfsuphysics
      sfsuphysics
      Yeah, I know about the bank account fee, but absolutely no part of me wants to link my bank account to a paypal account, especially after all this Equifax nonsense. If my CC number gets stolen there's a limit on how much I'm liable for ($50 but usually it's zero when there's fraud), hook to a bank account and all the liability is there. While you could probably sue paypal if it's shown they're at fault (i.e. a system wide hack as opposed to just your account), that's just a level of comfort I don't want to go through.
    20. Mark B
      Mark B
      Confirmed - What time is set up arrival?