got ethical husbandry?

Joel's Tank Journal(s)

Installed the new Eheim 1262 Return Pump last night.

Wow: Super quiet! I can't detect any vibration even when my hand is on it in the sump. And, it seems to put out the same amount of volume as the OR3500 (R.I.P.); maybe even more.

Not a lot of creative plumbing required on my part, as the existing connectors, pipe and fittings seemed to easily go together, but not so easily at first. This project gave me the impetuous I needed to re-route the wiring in my sump while I was at it.

Thx to all those who recommended the Eheim 1262- You know who you are.... ;)

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_0445.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_0451.JPG

Installed the new Eheim 1262 Return Pump last night.

Wow: Super quiet! I can't detect any vibration even when my hand is on it in the sump. And, it seems to put out the same amount of volume as the OR3500 (R.I.P.); maybe even more.

Not a lot of creative plumbing required on my part, as the existing connectors, pipe and fittings seemed to easily go together, but not so easily at first. This project gave me the impetuous I needed to re-route the wiring in my sump while I was at it.

I'm thinking about replacing my Aqua Via 1450GPH Chiller Pump out, with the Eheim 1262 to virtually eliminate what little vibration / noise is coming off the sump: But now I'm just getting ahead of myself. :tired:

Thank you to those who recommended the Eheim 1262- You know who you are.... ;)

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_0445_0.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_0451_0.JPG

Misc Photos Taken with Nikon

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

Oops! Black out and now generator is kicking in. 1 year has past, and this is the first real work out it's getting. Yippie. Don't forget to call AAAA for annual svc'ng.

JAR said:
Looking good Joel.
Is the power back on yet?
Did you go on a cruise?

Thx Man.

Power back up after 3 1/2 hours-pretty short outage for us here. Wish I had an extension cord to reach Tuberider's place. Not sure how he made out.

Yes: Combination 51st B'day, Valentine's and 20th year of being together all wrapped up in to one nice cruise. Back-to-Back on the Celebrity "Summit "14 days out of San Juan through to St John, St Thomas, St Kitts, St. Lucia, Antigua, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, Tobago. Very nice Under Water Life and plenty of Fire Coral to get washed into too. Yikes.

Good to be back and return to a healthy tank too. I'm sorry I missed the Swap as I have some "Green Sticks-" Acro/s, I've been growing out since last years Meet. Anyway, I'm looking forward to August's event.

Congrats again on arrival of your new Child (Daughter?)

Best :)

Wow! What a great time at BayMac. I found a couple of nice corals for my display tank too. Pictures to follow (Yellow Formosa and LE Reily Hybrid Watermelon Chalice).

Thank you Gresham for your help in selecting a nice watermelon chalice; and putting this together for us. Already looking forward to 2012.

Sorry I didn't get to hear the speaker from London, as I got a call from my wife that she was admitted to the ER. Happy to say that Susan is back home now, and she'll be following up with her doctors next week.

I was really happy to see my 12 frags were just about all sold before leaving.

Reef Keeper said:
patchin said:
I hope Susan is OK. Kinda scary, her going to the ER

Yea / Thank you. Susan seems ok and is awaiting follow up.

Turns out - it's old age wreaking havoc on the Vitreous Gel which can produce stroke or detached retina like symptoms. Needless to say, we're both relieved....

I vote for staying the course. I bet they're pretty pissed off. Do I still see those frags peeling?
AFA why?
Transferring, temp shock at the show, you looked at it wrong, you did everything right - who knows?

IMO if any of the frags above are peeling they ain't gonna stop so just pull them.
Check your PM

houser said:
I vote for staying the course. I bet they're pretty pissed off. Do I still see those frags peeling?
AFA why?
Transferring, temp shock at the show, you looked at it wrong, you did everything right - who knows?

IMO if any of the frags above are peeling they ain't gonna stop so just pull them.
Check your PM
houser said:
.... Do I still see those frags peeling?

Check your PM

Yea: They're peeling alright, but not everyone of em (some bases have glue build up), so I'm praying one or more of those 10 nubs make it. I thought I have a few off the colony for the Aug Swap, now not so sure. My blue one grows back tissue quickly, so I figured these would too, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm wondering if I should ask Russell-who bought some from the same vendor what his experience has been like, and if his are crashing, maybe I should let the vendor know...?

BTW: I checked the PM and responded back

WHAT I'M STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT IS HOW I WENT FROM THIS

CSC_0807.jpg

TO THIS

DSC_0811.jpg

I wondering if I should increase coral feeding or just leave them rest here?

I thought formosa was tough, because my blue one is going strong. I had in that styrofoam container for about an hour and a half by the time it went into the my display.

Just wondering if there is anything I could have done better, next time, other than buying from a LFS; and if there's anything I can do to improve the chances for these fraggled orphans?

Here is the link with Club Members to frag the colony http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/13238

Now there are two

DSC_0849-1.jpg

DSC_0851-1.jpg

NOTE TO SELF

Replaced T5 / SVHOs / MHs Lighting on 05/16/11

CA/ALK Bottles lasting apx 53 days

Time to Reorder MHs:
This time order Ushio 20k / Maybe Radium 20ks and Couple of 14k if they exist

Tank had it's Fourth Anniversary started on April 16, 2008.

Started spring cleaning by buying a Magna Flip; and it's great. 2 hours, and 2 blades later, cleaned off 3 years of Coraline Algae.

Just got my new T5s and getting ready to place a BRS order for 2 Part and GFO.

DSC_0718.jpg

DSC_0730.jpg

Now all I have left to do is order SVHOs from MD/strong>

ATT1319.jpg

Man we are so missing the Southwest. Had to made my 1/2 ton christmas nachos

DSC_0823-1.jpg

these are the 1 ton

DSC_0830-1.jpg

I'm using the low fat version by grilling the ground turkey and using low fat sour cream.

Back