Cali Kid Corals

PLEASE RSVP - Jan. 12th - BAR Potluck & DIY LED Workshop @ 1:00pm

aqua-nut said:
patchin said:
At least 60 people! At least two each! :bigsmile:

60? You are planing on leftovers? Wait a minute. That's not a bad idea...

We usually have around 90 people at a meet/eat, don't we? ;)

and for some reason, we need a lot of baggies for afterwords... you know, possible "frag" leftovers :D

I would use the sign up list to gage the number of people. I will be brining some dim sum again. You know you guys might want to change the thread to tell people to RSVP. What happens to the folks who show up without knowing they should bring something...we normally do the potluck in Dec so it might throw some people off.

Alright, I updated the original post title.

C'mon, guys! Let's bring in some more goodies to consume to start off the first club meeting of the new year! :D

BAYMAC said:
aqua-nut said:
patchin said:

and for some reason, we need a lot of baggies for afterwords... you know, possible "frag" leftovers :D
BAYMAC said:
aqua-nut said:
patchin said:

|( No hazing! Don't make me bring out the big bad BAR paddle. :D

In terms of portion sizes, it's never been a problem at potlucks (unless you show up late). For instance, if you cut up an enchilada, you could probably get at least 3-4 decent bite-sized portions per enchilada. Usually we end up with ample leftovers. A good rule of thumb for me is to make what I would eat plus enough to serve 4 to 6 more people, which still leaves me with leftovers.

Apon said:
I would use the sign up list to gage the number of people. I will be brining some dim sum again. You know you guys might want to change the thread to tell people to RSVP. What happens to the folks who show up without knowing they should bring something...we normally do the potluck in Dec so it might throw some people off.

Folks who don't bring anything to the potluck have to do a song and dance on the stage before they can partake in the potluck. :bigsmile:

Thanks for the suggestion.

lattehiatus said:
BAYMAC said:
aqua-nut said:
patchin said:

BAYMAC said:
aqua-nut said:
patchin said:

|( No hazing! Don't make me bring out the big bad BAR paddle. :D

In terms of portion sizes, it's never been a problem at potlucks (unless you show up late). For instance, if you cut up an enchilada, you could probably get at least 3-4 decent bite-sized portions per enchilada. Usually we end up with ample leftovers. A good rule of thumb for me is to make what I would eat plus enough to serve 4 to 6 more people, which still leaves me with leftovers.

I think you quoted the wrong person... I just clarified the post above mine (bringing more then needed, we'll need baggies for doggy bags ;) )

I'll bring an entree, not sure if I'll do chili again though, I go with dried beans and last time I used my black beans I soaked them for a full day and that still didn't soften them up. I'll be sure no one else is signed up to bring what I'll bring. Maybe I'll just bring a beef stew and leave it at that :D

Back