got ethical husbandry?

5th SF tank tour - Sat Feb 28th 2009

Wanna edit the first post with pot luck items or something? It's hard to track what everyone is bringing and trying to fill the gap.

Elite - I did that and still got the message.

Ibn and Zambavi - to busy now, I guess you will have to read : ) ....I can't do all the work for this. ( Ian helped too - sent out reminders for me) Feel free if you want to consolidate the potluck stuff.

Food list so far:

Arnold- will bring some Dim Sum for the potluck.
Lyn- will Bring Spam musubis and Sushi ( made from fish from Mike's tank - very fresh)
mri1sf- I'll be bringing some homemade chili (little spicy).
jimmyc- i'll bring an apple pie and a couple of 2 liters.
yardartist- Pear cake and small plates for pie and cake...
crabby- For food, I'll bring a greek mezza plate (hummus, dolmas, etc...)
pixelpixi- I'll just get several 6-packs of various sodas and some bottled water.
glee- i'll bring some orzo salad.
patrickb- I'm bringing a 12 pack of beer and some cookies.
raddogz- I'll bring cookies and/or dessert item(s)
zambavi- I can bring a cooler with some drinks for.... 20ish people?
sfsuphysics- I got cups if the drink people brings 2 liters or something that isn't a single serving. Oh and I went to costco, 6 pound bag of tortilla chip + #10 can of nacho sauce = good times!
iani- Who wants to chip in to order pizza to mikes house then?
jbon- I'll bring a vegetable plate and pitch in for pizza
ROCKSTAR- Broccoli salad.
Unarce- Who wants to chip in to order pizza to mikes house then? I can!
Timten- I'll chip in for pizza
wakskat- I'll chip in for pizza unless there is something specific you want me to bring.

Food list by category:

Main dishes:
Dim sum
Spam musubi and Sushi
Chili
Pizza (X5 people chipping in)

Sides and salads:
orzo salad
Greek mezza plate
tortilla chips and nacho sauce
vegie plate
Broccoli salad

Desserts:
Apple pie
pearcake
cookies X 2

Drinks:
2 liters of something
6-packs of various sodas and some bottled water.
beer
drinks for 20

Utensils, etc.:
small plates
cups

Need:
large plates
forks
napkins
More food!

I'll fill in with the "needed" category after I can confirm (tomorrow) that my weekend plans for the tour haven't been overridden.

Thanks for doing this Lyn...I think we are good with drinks!- don't forget water and diet drinks too :) We can bring the extra drinks with us - since that is what we did last time.

Some thoughts for people who need ideas? - salad? pasta? fried chicken? pizza? Sub sandwich? all pretty easy and I would not spend more than $12.

[quote author=Apon link=topic=5841.msg84138#msg84138 date=1235524930]
Thanks for doing this Lyn...I think we are good with drinks!- don't forget water and diet drinks too :) We can bring the extra drinks with us - since that is what we did last time.

Some thoughts for people who need ideas? - salad? pasta? fried chicken? pizza? Sub sandwich? all pretty easy and I would not spend more than $12.
[/quote]

You're welcome Arnold. :D Organizing potlucks is my specialty. ;D

Good suggestions for other items too! We are lacking in the main dish category, and I don't see alot of vegies. (The Mom in me needs to have balanced meals. :D )

Hey nachos have chips which are corn, vegetable! and nacho cheese which is cheese, from cows (dairy), plus it's spiced up a bit, jalapeno, another vegetable!

Take that mom!

I believe jalapeno is like a tomato with chambers and seeds, which is technically a fruit. I read that somewhere....

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=5841.msg84147#msg84147 date=1235526221]
Hey nachos have chips which are corn, vegetable! and nacho cheese which is cheese, from cows (dairy), plus it's spiced up a bit, jalapeno, another vegetable!

Take that mom!

[/quote][quote author=iani link=topic=5841.msg84169#msg84169 date=1235530403]
Yeah and corn is not a vegetable. lol. Its a grain.
[/quote]

I can tell which one of you ate your vegetables as a kid. LOL ;D

Hi all, I'll bring a vegetable plate and pitch in for pizza if someone makes the order. Just let me know what my share is when I get there. I am also driving from Livermore if anyone would like a ride. Just let me know. Jim

Back