Our mission

BAYMAC 2011 Volunteer Thread

Great. Sorry about the knee. I may be able to do the Raffle Runner @4:15 for you. I'll look for you and/or tumbleweed. I should be there by 1. Feel better.

Sweet deal Gresh... as great as it is though it's totally not necessary... however I won't say no if I win something :D

That said, if there's a need for distribution of prizes up in my direction I'll be more than happy to pass them on if I can.

I can help on the Raffle crew or Speaker crew after 1pm if needed too. Just let me know my BAR shift doesn't start till 4pm.

sfsuphysics said:
Sweet deal Gresh... as great as it is though it's totally not necessary... however I won't say no if I win something :D

That said, if there's a need for distribution of prizes up in my direction I'll be more than happy to pass them on if I can.

Since BAYMAC is 100% volunteer organized and run, I wanted to set a precedent for future BAYMACs especially since I won't be running it for ever. Volunteer burn out is a real thing and I want the event to show the volunteers "it" appreciates what they do and knows with out them, "its" dead. :D

gimmito said:
I'm trying to get the day off, so I won't know until that day. I can help out with cleanup for sure though. I'm also a soundman and can help with audio support.

Soundman? What type of soundman? Do you do residential or commercial? Or.....do you work on concerts?

godzilla said:
gimmito said:
I'm trying to get the day off, so I won't know until that day. I can help out with cleanup for sure though. I'm also a soundman and can help with audio support.

Soundman? What type of soundman? Do you do residential or commercial? Or.....do you work on concerts?

Mostly church venues nowadays (speaking, sunday worship, etc.), but I have done coventions, concerts, and what not.

Anybody know what kinda setup we got going on for Saturday ?

gimmito said:
godzilla said:
gimmito said:

Mostly church venues nowadays (speaking, sunday worship, etc.), but I have done coventions, concerts, and what not.

Anybody know what kinda setup we got going on for Saturday ?

BAR's current and old (both) PA's. Nothing fancy (says the guy who used to do sound as well). Jeremy is all over them.

We're gonna implant them into Jeremy's ear canal.

Seriously... I dunno, sorry. (SM58 possibly?)

There used to be a nice controller for the speakers lecture room, but unfortunately it grew legs, so it'll be a little more complicated to use the system, but I'm pretty sure I've got it down.

Its Getting Closer ...
http://free.timeanddate.com/countdown/i2l23izj/n283/cf111/cm0/cu4/ct0/cs1/ca0/cr0/ss0/cac000/cpc000/pc66c/tc66c/fs100/szw320/szh135/tatCOUNTDOWN%20%20TO%20%20BAYMAC/tac000/tptOPEN%20TILL%20%205/tpc000/mat%20Chabot%20%20College/mac000/mpc000/iso2011-05-14T11:00:00

My wife will be with me as well, so I'm volunteering her as well. Not sure how many people are needed for each particular thing, but she can double up with me or where ever else if there's a need.

Remember, this is NOT a wife swap.

So anyway, I'm planning to show up a bit before 12 and find Norm at the front door. Or is there another way to meet up to figure out what tasks we have? Who is the volunteer co-ordinator?

V

Yes, it's probably in the thread, but it's huge.

Vincerama2 said:
Remember, this is NOT a wife swap.
Technically, it's not swapping if you just bring one to get rid of :)

You know, like GSP or brown palys :D

Vincerama2 said:
So anyway, I'm planning to show up a bit before 12 and find Norm at the front door. Or is there another way to meet up to figure out what tasks we have?
Just show up and find someone doing whatever you signed up for and go for it.

Back