Kessil

Corals B 4 Bills 225 Lee Mar Starfire Inwall tank

:D Yea don't let my wife hear that! I have people telling me (In front of her "Your tank is huge! Why are you going bigger?" ???, Arggg- non reefers. Hopefully the guy on RC will call me today about the Deltec Kalk Stirer I can add that to my collection ;D.

Hell I need a light rack, did you weld the aluminum? Or is it bolted together? Looks nice and strong, need to figure out how to do something like that myself so when I toss in a few t5s, a few de pendants... none of it falls into the water and wakes me up to nasty smell :D

Mike- I used Stainless steel screws, I don't have da-skills to weld Aluminum. The cost of Aluminum is pretty high I think I spent between $180-$200 to build it.

Lap- Send me some pictures of your lighting situation now and a discription of how you would like the Rack to be made and I will see what I can do.

Hey your still young enough to have a dozen more tanks, me, this is it. I have to go balls to the walls, once you go inwall and wrap your house around it it's a done deal.

Yes they will be mounted to the ceiling by 3x Quad rollers on aluminum tracks. My fishroom will be approx. 3 1/2 ft. X 6 ft. inside and it will be about 6' 2" from the ground so I will have to mount some extra lighting to shine inside the tank to move corals around because to get into the tank I will have to slide them back. BTW I will also have a video monitor inside the room so I can see the front of tank while I'm in it (so to speak).

I just finished the dry fit of the new plumbing, I'm not going to glue it until I'm sure everything will work the way I have it, don't you just hate it when you finish something and someone says "That won't work there" :'(, So I won't glue everything until I'm satisfied with the results.......No cense throwing away $500 in plumbing now is there. If anyone has comments or concerns please let me know, I will wait for 1 month before gluing the peices together, Thank's All!

I will probly use two pages for the pictures to fit.

Wow you spent that kind of coin on plumbing that will be hidden? :D

Also if it were me, I'd put a piece of masking tape over every single joint that needs to be glued, then remove them as you're gluing just to make sure you don't forget any :D

Actually that's I good Idea I did that on my chiller plumbing and it was a nightmare to fix, what do you mean not seen? I will be looking at it for the rest of my life. Remember the butt end of the tank will be open to the fish room, I can't look at another white peice of PVC.

hhahah ok fine, I was thinking more along the lines of aesthetics in the tank, the sump/refugium area is supposed to be a nasty dirty area, if it looks too clean something's wrong ;)

The caped off pipe will be for the remote frag tank, I don't want to have it made until I know what the exact dimentions of the fish room will be, I'm thinking of something in the neiborhood of 35 gallons that's 36L x 18W x 12h I will have to poke around and see what everyone else is using.

Back