High Tide Aquatics

Corals B 4 Bills 225 Lee Mar Starfire Inwall tank

So I leveled out some 2x6's and put the stand on it, tomorrow I'm going to pick up the Tank does anyone want to help a broth'a out with some muscle action this weekend?

look good.. hopefully you don't have any problem with the hole on the right (third pic).. It's very close to the wall. Might have problem installing the bulkhead.

I will be bringing the actual 1 1/8" ply that the tank will forever be living on and the 1/2" foam with me, I will have the shop put the tank on it and slide it in my truck.

I have plan this weekend and plus I'm oncall. Too bad you are a little far. If you are closer, I can just run over and help you real quick. Hopefully you can find someone.

[quote author=Elite link=topic=3677.msg47348#msg47348 date=1214514102]
look good.. hopefully you don't have any problem with the hole on the right (third pic).. It's very close to the wall. Might have problem installing the bulkhead.

[/quote]Good eye Phong

Yea I saw that, I will give it a check tomorrow. If the hloe ends up being too close I will cut an edge of the bulk head or remove the overflow and reinstall it (I have the left over silicone), In one week I can water test it to make sure it holds water, my stand is level on the side off my house and ready to go. I will fill the tank, insulate the sides and make a plywood condom around it, the top will be removable for refilling because of evaporation. What's cool is that the water test will be for four months, if there is a problem it will be easier to deal with it without fish and corals in it.

Use a lot of papertowns to clean up. I'm sure as long as it's out of the direct sun, it will be fine. I leave my tank under the patio for a long time and never have problem. I also had tank filled with water direct under the sun and it was fine too. Just make sure there is no water spot here and there and direct under the sun. The problem with that is the water spot act like a little magnified glass. When it's under the sun, it can do a lot of damage.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=3677.msg47349#msg47349 date=1214514253]
Don't leave the tank in your truck with the sun shining on it this time! :D[/quote]

I wish the sun was shining.... all this stinking smoke...

I looked at the overflow holes and put a bulk head in it and it clears perfectly, just trim a hair off the silicone and it's done. I noticed a 1/8" black board under the tank and the guy at the repair place said that he mounted an 1/8" sheet of Pvc under the tank for strength, well that doesn't suck.

Back