Reef nutrition

105 G Star fire- new tank

gimmito said:
As long as you are happy with the tank...thats all that's matters.

Congrat's on the purchase !

Thanks Jim. Yep...I'm spoiled brat ;) I gotta have what I like. LOL

sfsuphysics said:
See that was easy!

BTW, is this just the tank? Or the whole system as laid out in the PDF document?

Either way you have your base, you don't have to think about anything, and if you don't like anything that may come with it you can always swap out later.

It's whole system, everything that's listed. Including stand. And yes I'm gonna upgrade stuff as I need.

I'm starting the reef system to run it for long time. Not even a thought of failure. :)

That's gonna be sweet, Nish.

There is one set up at my LFS. Nice integrated system. Much neater that even the most OCD build I've seen on da web.

Now we are back to the Apple model!

When do you take delivery?

aqua-nut said:
That's gonna be sweet, Nish.

There is one set up at my LFS. Nice integrated system. Much neater that even the most OCD build I've seen on da web.

Now we are back to the Apple model!

When do you take delivery?

Thanks John. Thats the thing. It's so clean looking and no overflow in the middle of the tank. Glass quality is much better than most I have seen. It's just looks nicer than using ready made wood stands.

I placed order yesterday night. And haven't heard anything back yet.

Also wife doesn't like the big overflow in the middle of the tank too, and anyways who am I to oppose the mighty force of women power ? :)

Are you going to be showing this tank on both sides? This is a bit of a specialized shape for a front view only tank. 24" width would probably work best in peninsula configuration. 21" height is problematic dimension because it's too close to the 24" deep back to front. I think unless you are making a frag tank or top view clam tank that the ratio between the tank height and front to back should be balanced more in favour of height. For a traditional "landscape" tank you would probably better off with 125G 60"x20" x 24" or the 90G 48" x 18" x 24" size

welcome to the club!
If my calculations are correct, I predict water in the tank well before 200 posts on this thread.
Congratulations :)

bondolo said:
Are you going to be showing this tank on both sides? This is a bit of a specialized shape for a front view only tank. 24" width would probably work best in peninsula configuration. 21" height is problematic dimension because it's too close to the 24" deep back to front. I think unless you are making a frag tank or top view clam tank that the ratio between the tank height and front to back should be balanced more in favour of height. For a traditional "landscape" tank you would probably better off with 125G 60"x20" x 24" or the 90G 48" x 18" x 24" size

Mike,

I think the height is not 21", It's width. Height is 24", I have seen the tank personally and I'm pretty sure height is more than width on all Red Sea tanks. I can tell you that you have to look at it to know how good they look. It's masterly crafted:)

IMG_5339.jpg

JAR said:
welcome to the club!
If my calculations are correct, I predict water in the tank well before 200 posts on this thread.
Congratulations :)

Thanks Jar. I'm trying my best to get some energy back into forum by pissing off people. And it's working. :) lol

10 t5s!?! Wowsers. That's more than enough light for anything, and expensive to change out bulbs, and hot...where do you live? You may want a chiller...

Coral reefer said:
10 t5s!?! Wowsers. That's more than enough light for anything, and expensive to change out bulbs, and hot...where do you live? You may want a chiller...

I live in Brentwood. Tank Open top so won't be that hot and it has ATO Inbuilt, I'm thinking to get fans if there is a need and a chiller eventually.

Brentwood...you have AC! But +1 on what Mike said about bulb replacement. You might consider getti g a pair of A350w. If not now, then I. A year when it comes time to replace all those t-5's.

Kensington Reefer said:
Brentwood...you have AC! But +1 on what Mike said about bulb replacement. You might consider getti g a pair of A350w. If not now, then I. A year when it comes time to replace all those t-5's.

Yep. I have AC in the house and keep it at 70-72 in summer all day and night. For the T5s, I will get LEDs as soon as I'm little bit more familiar with things.

gimmito said:
Don't give up on T5's. Tony Vargas showed us a tank he put together with T5/LED'S that was Tank of the Month worthy.

I will see how things look and behave, considering I have not done this before there are always things to learn over time.

On a different note, I was not impressed by Kessils, Corals don't look that good under them. Mostly the Kessil simmer effect started hurting my eyes after a time and it was kind of hard to concentrate on corals, not sure if they are for me. So will have to look for better options down the line.

gimmito said:
Don't give up on T5's. Tony Vargas showed us a tank he put together with T5/LED'S that was Tank of the Month worthy.
Bulbs alone don't make the tank though ;)

But at $15-$25 per bulb times 10 bulbs every 12-24 months (depending upon how lazy you get) could make LEDs affordable in a hurry

Although I did find this video of the tank, quite the nice system, I particularly like how those lights can flip up to access the tank
[youtube]Cf-TRDAWbSw[/youtube]

sfsuphysics said:
gimmito said:
Bulbs alone don't make the tank though ;)

But at $15-$25 per bulb times 10 bulbs every 12-24 months (depending upon how lazy you get) could make LEDs affordable in a hurry

Although I did find this video of the tank, quite the nice system, I particularly like how those lights can flip up to access the tank
[youtube]Cf-TRDAWbSw[/youtube]

YES..it's pretty good thought out system and very slick looking. It's perfect for beginners like me who rarely needs to try lots of things and become scientist, it will take me years if not decade. :) meanwhile, Red Sea will come out with LEDs. LoL

JAR said:
Some of the most colorful tanks I have ever seen were lit with T5's :)

T5s are great. Only people complain because of recurring costs. :)

The reef tank is a grocery bag full of recurring costs.
My wife buys the groceries. I have to keep up with her somehow :D :bigsmile:

Back