Reef nutrition

Saturday, August 11th BAR Members swap

Not only that, but I took pics of each piece before tanking and will try and get pics of each both pre and post fragging. Then we can have a separate thread for each coral to discuss care and track our prop successes.

[quote author=bookfish link=topic=2141.msg22375#msg22375 date=1185631115]
Not only that, but I took pics of each piece before tanking and will try and get pics of each both pre and post fragging. Then we can have a separate thread for each coral to discuss care and track our prop successes.
[/quote]That is very cool Jim, Thank you for your effort.

NP, happy to do it.
Luckily, all the acros are fine today so I think they've passed the critical settling in point. Some are even showing growth already.

Here's preview of some of the BAR stuff :D

DSCN1811.jpg

DSCN1809-1.jpg

DSCN1810.jpg

DSCN1808.jpg

DSCN1806.jpg

DSCN1805.jpg

DSCN1804.jpg

DSCN1800.jpg

Wow, great stuff! Thanks BAR and BODs.

What are the names of the second, third, fifth, and the last ones? Will they likely change color once settle in new tanks? Given they are marinecultured, should I assume that these are more or less their final colors?

[quote author=tonggao link=topic=2141.msg22445#msg22445 date=1185857647]
Wow, great stuff! Thanks BAR and BODs.

You're welcome.

What are the names of the second, third, fifth, and the last ones?

Still researching those, which is part of why the threads aren't up yet.

Will they likely change color once settle in new tanks?

Yup.

Given they are marinecultured, should I assume that these are more or less their final colors?

These are all wild colonies to supplement the orders of captive raised coral we made from local farmers.
Even captive raised coral is likely to have some color shift in a new environment. Except anthelia! LOL![/quote]

I started the first thread in our swap info forum for the first coral. My personal favorite, the Fungia fralinae!
Please read a bit about general fungiid care if you'd like to try this coral.

Lost big acro,never showed good polyp extension and eventually died. Fragged the other 3 acros and they look good. Got approx. 40 frags from the 3 colonies.

ill be there. The last frag swap I went to was super fun. whose going to be the standup comedic mc?

those acans look delicious

Just moved back to the Bay Area... officially this weekend. I will try to make the swap though. Is it in Hayward where all the rest of the meetings are at?

thanks,

- Herman

[quote author=bookfish link=topic=2141.msg22485#msg22485 date=1185990155]
I'll be too busy yelling "1 minute"!!!

[/quote]

haha. thats why we need to get bouncers to pressure people to leave the tables when the time is up

Took the day off from work to fix my car and frag BAR corals for the swap.

The diamond saw got quite a workout and my driveway is covered with muddy coral dust now :D

There's a ton of frags, and we still have more to cut :D

Back